Minutes of February 16, 2016

Sullivan Town Hall
Feb. 16, 2016

Present: Ginni McByrne, Jim McByrne, Eric White and Becky Cummings.

Minutes of the January meeting were accepted as read.

Eric passed out a copy of the survey Leslie Casey will hand out on Town Election Day.  It was a revised copy of the one the members saw previously and geared more towards Sullivan.  Eric will contact the fire department, recreation, committee and planning board to see if they would like to meet to discuss future plans for Jewett Park.

Eric contacted Carol Andrews, interim head of the NHACC, to see if it is possible to set up a trails committee as a subcommittee under Conservation.  She sees no problem with it as long as one conservation commission member is always present.  A vote will be taken on the matter when more members are present.

Discussion followed on how to get new residents interested in the trails/hikes.  It was mentioned more people seem to go on the hikes/walks when there is a destination (Meetinghouse Rock, Giant’s Cradle, etc.) something to see or learn about the history of Sullivan.  Walks by Chris Pratt (town historian) have been fairly well attended.  

Town clean-up day was tentatively set to be May 7.  Becky will contact conservation members not present by email to see if that date is okay.

The vote on bobcat hunting will take place tomorrow.

Eric will draft a form letter to send out to landowners when the town perambulations take place.  

Meeting adjourned at 7:46 pm.

Respectfully Submitted,
Becky Cummings