Minutes of March 21, 2017

Sullivan Town Hall
March 21, 2017

Present:  Roger Sweet, Eric White, Hilliare Wilder and Becky Cummings.

The minutes of the February meeting were accepted as read.

Member status was confirmed as:  Becky Cummings, Jim McByrne. Wendy Pelletier, Roger Sweet, Eric White, Hilliare Wilder, John “Chip” Woodbury with alternates Ginni McByrne and Randy Smith.

Eric has been working on a town map marking protected land and town land along with their connector trails and possible connectors.  The northern half of the town is pretty well covered with trails from the Otter Brook Preserve to Hoffman’s and Andorra Forest.  Trails connecting Otter Brook Preserve, the Town Farm, Piper Forest and the Calhoun Monadnock Conservancy Property traverse private land.  Private landowners include Dick Smith, Rick Hotchkiss, Dan Osborn and Craig Stockwell.  It is hoped they will give permission for the connector hiking trails and eventually link them to the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway.  

Eric has several samples of landowner permission forms and will draft one for the Sullivan Trail Group.   Discussion followed on whether it is best to have the trail group fall under Sullivan Conservation or to have a completely separate trail group.   Roger said Rick Church (Nelson) wishes their group was a part of Nelson Conservation.  Eric will speak with him about the pros and cons.  

Eric will contact Sullivan Trail members and set up a meeting sometime in April.  Available dates are April 3, 10 and 13 with the 3rd being preferable.   It is hoped a combined meeting of Nelson and Sullivan trail groups be held at a later date.

Roger will order the blue bags for town clean-up day from Litter Free NH and Eric will pick them up.

Roger noticed the Conservation Commission’s portion of the Land Use Change Tax was not listed in the Annual Town Report.  He advised selectman, Laura Merrifield, of this and a correction should be made in the future.

Meeting adjourned 8:05 pm.

Respectfully Submitted,
Becky Cummings