Energy Committee notes for July 25, 2011
ENERGY COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
July 25, 2011
Town Hall basement
Members present: Paul Bolduc, Dennis Noonan, Ann Sweet, Roger Sweet
Suggestions for future Energy Committee activities
• Encourage selectmen to correct the heating distribution problems in the town hall. One heating person who looked at the situation, recommended that Richard Eggert, who put in the system originally, be asked to review the situation, since he knows where the conduits are buried behind walls. Dennis asked whether the original specs for the heating system asked for independent zones.
• Install motion detector lights on the outside of the town hall building to illuminate the area at night. Dennis suggested they be LED for additional savings on electricity consumption and cost.
• Ask the selectmen to ask building managers to respond to the recommendations for more efficient electrical fixtures made by PSNH last summer.
• Find out what the schools are doing about energy savings. Perhaps the energy committee could assist with information and ideas.
• Set up information booths at area events, including the February primary and the March town meeting in 2012.
• Ask the selectmen to set up a capital reserve fund to do the library renovations recommended by the energy auditor early in 2010.
• Place an article in the town newsletter encouraging residents to have energy audits that will lead to insulation that saves on heating costs.
Dennis passed around the brochure describing Spiral Airfoil, a wind turbine activated by much lower wind speeds (1.6 mph) produced by Dennis Noonan and Dan Parker. Dennis is hopeful that “turbine technology could revolutionize the market” for wind power.
The meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.