Archive Collections

The highlights are as follows:
Click on the thumbnail images below to see a larger image.

Blood-Doty ScrapbookBlood-Doty ScrapbookThe Scrapbook Collection. The collection contains various clippings, photographs, and ephemera collected by various people over the years.  The main scrapbook collection covers the years 1980 to the present.  It is fully indexed.  The Carleton Nims Scrapbook covers the years 1930 to 1960.  It is also indexed.  Other collections are from earlier years, but none is prior to 1900.

 

A portable sewing table made by the Goodnow Brothers Mill in East Sullivan.A portable sewing table made by the Goodnow Brothers Mill in East Sullivan.The Artifacts Collection.  The artifacts collection is a small number of artifacts including items manufactured in Sullivan and a very small textile collection.

 

 

 

The House of Mason A. Nims, in 1917. Built by Samuel Osgood between 1805 and 1810, as nearly as can be determined. Burned from grass fire on Feb. 28, 1929. The birthplace of Carlton E. Nims.The House of Mason A. Nims, in 1917. Built by Samuel Osgood between 1805 and 1810, as nearly as can be determined. Burned from grass fire on Feb. 28, 1929. The birthplace of Carlton E. Nims.The Houses Collection. The houses collection contains information related to specific houses in Sullivan arranged by street address.  Each folder contains photographs and some memorabilia.  Not all houses are documented.

 

A letter from the Selectmen to George Kingsbury appointing him Tax Collector in 1890.A letter from the Selectmen to George Kingsbury appointing him Tax Collector in 1890.The Town Records Collection.  This is probably the largest portion of the collection.  In October 2006, the archives was designated as the repository for the permanent public records of the town.  The collection consists of town clerk records, minutes of meetings, a complete collection of town reports (1879 to the present), and vital statistics from 1880 to 1934.  Highlights include, all town meeting minutes from March 1790, all boundary perambulations from 1850 to the present, road layout and discontinuation documents, appointment letters and oaths and tax inventories from 1883 to 1938.

 

Members of the Union Evangelical Congregational Church in East Sullivan. Circa 1925.Members of the Union Evangelical Congregational Church in East Sullivan. Circa 1925.The Sullivan Organizations Collection.  This collection contains papers of Sullivan organizations.  Highlights include records of the First Congregationalist Society from 1792 to 1950, records of the Union Evangelical Society from 1875 to 1955, records of the Baptist Society from 1808 to 1859, the Sullivan Old Home Day Association, the complete records of the 1987 Sullivan Bicentennial Committee, and music scores for the East Sullivan Band.  Less well documented are the Willing Workers Club, the Sullivan Improvement Association, the Honor Bright Grange, and the Sullivan Community Society.

 

Crew at Goodnow's Mill — L. to R. Sammy Smith, Hugh Baldwin, Wilfred Wilder, Leslie Goodnow, Clarence Knapp, Frank Bridge, Harold (or Charles) Wilder, Bill Barrett, Charlie Hubbard, Herbert Currier, Frank JewettCrew at Goodnow's Mill — L. to R. Sammy Smith, Hugh Baldwin, Wilfred Wilder, Leslie Goodnow, Clarence Knapp, Frank Bridge, Harold (or Charles) Wilder, Bill Barrett, Charlie Hubbard, Herbert Currier, Frank JewettThe Sullivan People Collection.  Like the houses collection, this collection contains photographs, diaries, memorabilia, and ephemera regarding specific people who have lived here.  It also contains several collections of papers.  The largest single collection is the Carleton Nims Papers.  This contains manuscripts, photographs, and papers assembled by Sullivan historian Carleton Nims.  Other collections include the Lucinda (Beverstock) Rugg papers, the Milan Spaulding Collection, and the Wardwell-Hubbard Family papers.  

 

East Sullivan School with Bessie and Ruth Hubbard. Stamped: D. W. Goodnow, Photographer, Keene, NHEast Sullivan School with Bessie and Ruth Hubbard. Stamped: D. W. Goodnow, Photographer, Keene, NHThe School Papers Collection.  This collection contains photographs, papers, and school documents for the 5 Sullivan schools from about 1850 to the end of the Sullivan School District in 1962.  It also includes an incomplete collection of class lists from 1850 to 1913.  School activities from 1962 to the present are also documented.


library test
library test: asldkj lajksd