Planning Board Minutes for March 5, 2014

    SULLIVAN PLANNING BOARD
     Minutes of the Meeting of March 5, 2014

The meeting was called to order at 7:01 p.m. by Chairman Steve Hamilton.  In addition to the chairman, members Stacy Glover, Dave Jakway, Laura Lewandowski, Mark Smith and Ann Sweet were present.   Absent was Kevin Wheeler.  Mark Paquette represented the selectmen. Stacy Glover substituted for Kevin Wheeler. Also present was Ed Csenge.

A motion (Jakway/Smith) to approve the minutes of February 5, 2014 as distributed passed without dissent.

Application for a third driveway cut on his Centre Street property by Ed Csenge.
Approval by the State of his third driveway cut having been received by the Town of Sullivan, Chairman Hamilton asked the board to consider whether to grant approval by the Town.  There was some discussion of the town’s restriction in the Driveway Regulations to one driveway cut for each property.  Mr. Csenge pointed out that the State permits three cuts, and his road frontage is very long.  He argued that this cut would permit access to the area where he plans timber cuts for enhancing wildlife habitat (e.g., early succession growth where trees have been cut).  He also said he might build a house on the property and wanted to be sure he had that residential access grandfathered in case the State changed its rules.  Asked why one residential access did not suffice, he said he needed the second for the access of forestry machines.  The chairman asked for a motion and said he would abstain from the vote.  A motion (Jakway/Smith) to approve the application as a waiver from the town’s highway regulations, given the State’s approval and the large amount of frontage on the road, passed without dissent. 

Announcements by Chairman Hamilton
• Meeting to discuss proposed changes to Route 9 west of the intersection with Centre Street will be held in the town hall on April 10 at 7 p.m.  The map showing the proposed changes currently hangs in the town hall.
• The next meeting of the planning board, April 2, will focus on the revisions to the Housing and Population chapter of the Master Plan.
• Help is needed to continue Master Plan updates.
Dave Jakway volunteered to ask the chief for revisions to the fire and emergency management sections of the chapter on CommunityServices and Public Buildings.  Laura Lewandowski offered to update the health section of that same chapter. 

Selectmen’s report
Members Jakway and Smith need to be sworn in for a new term on the planning board before the April meeting.

There being no further business, a motion (Jakway/Smith) to adjourn the meeting passed without dissent at 8:15 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Ann Sweet, Secretary