Planning Board Minutes for May 4, 2016

                                        SULLIVAN PLANNING BOARD      
        Minutes of the Meeting of May 4, 2016    

The meeting was called to order at 7:01 p.m. by Chairman Leslie Casey.  In addition to the chairman, members Laura Lewandowski, Dorothy Miles, Peter Miles, Mark Smith and Ann Sweet were present. Joe Lewandowski represented the selectmen.  Wendy Pelletier, surveyor, Randy and Sheila Smith, Warren Thayer, and Chip and Kathy Woodbury were also present.

A motion (Mark Smith/Laura Lewandowski/) to approve the minutes of April 6, 2016, passed without dissent. 

Hearing on proposed boundary line adjustment on Fish and Game Club property on Ferry Brook Road
Surveyor Wendy Pelletier, after presenting a check for remainder of costs of hearing notices, presented (with a map for illustration ) the proposed boundary line adjustment.  With the agreement of the Halls, a .29 acre piece of woodland erroneously added to the Hall property from the Fish and Game property, will be returned to Fish and Game.  The abutters present had no objection.  A motion (Peter Miles/Smith) to approve the boundary line adjustment as presented passed without dissent.  At least the chairman and secretary will visit the site Tuesday morning at 7:30 to verify lines.  Ms. Pelletier will bring additional copies of the plat.

Truck study for Centre Street
Having the approval of the selectmen, Chairman Casey suggested the planning board approve the traffic count by SWRPC (part of the Commission’s services to the town paid for by annual dues) previously discussed by the board.  A motion (Dott Miles/Mark Smith) to approve such a study passed without dissent.  The sensors will be placed at the town line with Keene and at the junction of Centre Street and Valley Road.  The purpose of the study is to assess the heavy truck travel on Centre Street. It would allow comparison with the truck travel on Centre Street during and after the reconstruction of the Otter Brook bridge by the State.  

Parking at the Little Country Store
Previous board discussions about the parking difficulties led Chairman Casey to request colored maps of the design of the bridge replacement and its effects on store parking.  The designers sent two options for store parking, still in discussion with the store owner, but both offering more space and greater distance from the reconstructed highway. Parking for large trucks would be off the shoulder of the road in front of the store.

Assessment of potential enforcement burden on selectmen for change in minimum square footage for construction permits from 700 to 200 square feet
Chairman Casey reviewed the April 2016 property inventories to determine how many listed changes might have required permits.  She found 9 possibilities.  She will draft a possible warrant article for March 2017 amending the CPO and write a draft rationale for the proposed change.

Antis property 
Chairman Casey presented a letter from Bruce Antis expressing hope of a “meeting of the minds” regarding a way to get 200 feet of frontage on Gilsum Road for the Antis property through the creation “of a road at the northerly line of the Alexander land that comports to the Town of Sullivan Subdivision  Regulations.”  Since the Antis letter does not request a meeting nor provide any subdivision proposal, the consensus of the board was to wait for a concrete proposal from Mr. Antis.

Proposed wireless tower on Price property on Apple Hill Road
Chairman Casey reported on a ZBA site visit May 1 to the property over which a balloon flew at the proposed 195 foot rower height from 6 a.m. to noon.  The continuation of the April 21 ZBA hearing will be held June 2.  Still pending are questions about whether there is need for this tower, given current communications coverage offered by the Roxbury tower and from the possible Stoddard tower, and whether the proposed access driveway meets the Sullivan CPO setback requirements.

Woodland Acres possible expansion    
Chairman Casey reported on communications from a prospective buyer of the property about whether a special exception granted to a present owner would continue with the property should the owner sell.  ZBA chairman Rick Hotchkiss had verified that a special exception goes with the property as long as time limits are not exceeded.

Cluster housing ordinance
Chairman Casey suggested dropping the current ordinance language and adapting the Nelson language for Alternative Development as an amendment to the Sullivan CPO.  She will draft language for the next meeting.

Regulations Governing Earth Excavations
In accord with the recommendations of the previous chairman, Chairman Casey asked the board to review the existing Sullivan regulations and also RSA 155E.  She noted that some towns simply refer to RSA 155E in their zoning ordinances.  The SWRPC website has the complete law plus model ordinances and recommendations.

Hazard Mitigation Plan
As noted at the last meeting, the updated plan has not yet had a town hearing.  The Emergency Management Plan, last updated in 1994, which is directly related to the Hazard Management Plan needs updating.  Chairman Casey has asked the selectmen for clarification of the planning board’s role in the event of an emergency.

Survey of town interest in possible recreation spaces
Chairman Casey passed around a final survey report, which has been posted on the town website.

The hour being late, Chairman Casey asked for a motion to adjourn, which was given by Laura Lewandowski and Dott Miles at 8:53 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Ann Sweet, Secretary