Property Tax Relief

The State of New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration offers assistance to lessen the economic burden of the State Education Property Tax for eligible property owners.

An eligible applicant is a person who is:  

• Single with adjusted gross income equal to or less than $20,000; or
• Married head of NH household with adjusted gross income less than or equal to $40,000; and
• Owns a homestead subject to the State Education Property Tax; and
• Has resided in that homestead on April 1 of the year for which the claim is made.

The filing period of tax relief is after May 1 but no later than June 30.

To obtain an application (form DP-8), property owners can contact the Department of Revenue Administration at (603) 230-5920 (press prompt 2, then prompt 2 again); or go online to click on forms and instructions, scroll down to low and moderate program, fill in the form, print it off and send it to the State; or stop by Town Hall to pick up a blank form.