August 7, 2017

Town
of Sullivan, NH Board of Selectmen

Meeting Minutes, August 7, 2017

Sullivan
Town Hall

Board
members present: Chairman Laura J. Merrifield, Joe Lewandowski and
Jeff Burbank

Department
Heads/Officers:

Staff:
Kate Fuller, Administrative Assistant

Public:
Ann Grey

  1. CALL
    TO ORDER: Chairman Laura Merrifield called the meeting to order at

    6:30 pm. Jeff Burbank made a
    motion to approve the minutes of the July 24, 2017 meeting, seconded
    by Joe Lewandowski. The minutes were unanimously approved with
    amendments.

  1. PUBLIC
    COMMENT-None

  1. SELECTMEN’S
    BUSINESS:

  1. Ann
    Gray-Building Permit-321 Valley Road-Map 6 Lot 15
    -
    Ms. Gray is replacing an addition to her garage and increasing the
    footprint to 20’x24’. The Board reviewed her application,
    checklist, map and supporting documents and approved the permit.

  1. Cruiser
    Creations-Building Permit-11 Landcruiser Drive-Map 6 Lot 13 Sub
    1
    -The Board accepted the
    application from Cruiser Creation for a new concrete pad. They will
    review the permit at the next meeting.

  1. Mary
    Hull-Tax Collector-Tax Deeding
    -Mary
    came to update the Board regarding the six property owners that were
    eligible for tax deeding. 101 Gilsum Road is in a state of
    bankruptcy so any tax deeding is suspended. 211 South Road-Mary
    requested a deed waiver as this owner is making consistent payments
    on back taxes and is current on the 2017 taxes. New Road-Land-Mary
    requested a deed waiver as this owner is making payments. The Board
    granted a one time waiver and Mary will communicate that to the
    owner. 617 Centre Street-Mary has attempted to contact the owner
    multiple times and has a waiver prepared but is holding it. 24 Arlen
    Drive-a significant effort has been made to contact the owners.
    There is no payment plan in place and the amount of delinquent taxes
    is significant, Mary will update the Board at the next meeting. Two
    properties on Bowlder Road-Mary has reported that these owners have
    been on a payment plan and are planning on taking care of the entire
    balance of delinquent taxes for 2013 and 2014 before the August 24
    th
    deadline.

  1. Report
    of Cut 16-433-03-T-Ferry Brook Road
    -The
    Board reviewed this warrant and signed.

  1. Veteran’s
    Tax Credits
    -Three Veteran’s
    Credits were signed based on the recommendation from Avitar signed
    by Board.

  1. Jeff
    Burbank-Business signage discussion
    -Mrs.
    Merrifield updated the Board on the State RSA 236:73 that govern
    signs on highways. She also referred Mr. Burbank to John Kalfelz at
    the DOT.

  1. Telephone
    Pole Assessment-Letter from Gary Roberge of Avitar
    -Laura
    Merrifield addressed the letter which asked the Board to accept a
    new methodology for taxation. The Board agreed to accept the new
    methodology and Mrs. Merrifield will inform Mr. Roberge.

  1. Draft
    of Audit report for review
    -The
    Board reviewed the management letter and report and asked Kate to
    get some clarifications and answers to some questions before
    accepting the draft. The Board will revisit this at the next
    meeting.

  1. Review
    of Capital Reserve deposits for Trustees of Trust Funds
    -Reviewed
    by the Board.

Page
2 BOS Minutes 8/7/17

  1. Payroll,
    Vendor Payments and Purchase Orders
    -Approved
    as submitted.

  1. Miscellaneous/General
    Discussion
    -NHMA Legislative
    Bulletin received. Letter from DOT about block grant received.
    Response from Fire Department about flag light question, they are
    working on installing the light. Email from Glen Gutierrez of SBA
    about start date for the cell tower, he reports that construction
    will begin in late August. Update from Health Officer-Laura
    Lewandowski reported on garbage nuisances. There is clean up
    progress on all three properties that have received letters and she
    will continue to monitor the progress. 3
    rd
    Quarter Joint Loss management meeting minutes received.
    Communication from the NHDES; they have received a Wetlands Program
    Permit Application. Update on check from Home Healthcare, the Town
    got a refund of $50. Update to Board on sending letter to welfare
    recipient; no valid address can be found. Kate has contacted Rita
    Donaldson from MRI about a variety of issues and will get the
    response for the next meeting. Three communications from the
    Planning Board, conditional approval of Driveway Permit for John
    Bolles, conditional approval of Driveway Permit for Travis Blanchard
    and the receipt of the Driveway Permit for Allen Vandiver.
    Invitation to the 2017 Monadnock Farm Tour, August 26
    th
    2-6pm location: local farms. Communication from US Department of
    Commerce about the 2020 census, Kate will review for the next
    meeting. Kate called the Town of Gilsum to follow up on questions
    about a transfer station.


Board
of Selectmen-General Discussion

Update
from Joe Lewandowski about sign on Route 9, he reported that the Town
would have to adopt a noise ordinance and erect their own sign; Jeff
Burbank will look up State RSA on noise ordinances. Laura Merrifield
followed up on two areas of concern raised at the Planning Board
meeting. The first was a report that there was construction at 44
Hubbard Road without a permit, Mrs. Merrifield inspected the sight
and reported that while the site is being readied there has not been
any construction. Another concern was at 122 Hubbard Road it was
reported that a driveway was being improved without a permit. Mrs.
Merrifield inspected the sight and reported that according to the
driveway regulations routine maintenance was allowable (the property
had new crushed stone) additionally this property had been approved
for a circular driveway in the 1980’s. It was also reported that
the property on 841 Centre Street was making improvements to their
driveways and the Board will write a letter with the Planning Board
to inform the resident that their local and state permits have
expired.

  1. NON-PUBLIC:
    For the purpose of legal.

  1. ADJOURNMENT:

MOTION:
Laura Merrifield moved to adjourn the meeting at 9:25 pm.

SECOND:
Jeff Burbank

APPROVED:
Unanimously approved.

Respectfully
Submitted,

Katherine
M. Fuller

Administrative
Assistant for the Board of Selectmen