July 10, 2017

Town
of Sullivan, NH Board of Selectmen


Meeting Minutes, July 10, 2017

Sullivan
Town Hall

Board
members present: Chairman Laura J. Merrifield, Joe Lewandowski and
Jeff Burbank

Department
Heads/Officers:

Staff:
Kate Fuller, Administrative Assistant

Public:
Cheshire County Sheriff’s Department Chief Deputy Trevor Croteau,
Allen Vandiver, Kevin Wheeler and Laura Lewandowski

  1. CALL
    TO ORDER: Chairman Laura Merrifield called the meeting to order at

    6:30 pm. Joe Lewandowski
    made a motion to approve the minutes of the June 19, 2017 meeting,
    seconded by Jeff Burbank. The minutes were unanimously approved with
    amendments.

  1. PUBLIC
    COMMENT-None

  1. SELECTMEN’S
    BUSINESS:

  1. Cheshire
    County Sheriff Department-Patrol update
    -Chief
    Deputy Trevor Croteau updated the Board on current and future patrol
    coverage. Due to a staffing shortage, they may be changing their
    patrol hours.

  1. 44
    Hubbard Road-Map 3 Lot 99-Allen Vandiver-Building Permit
    -Mr.
    Vandiver reviewed his Building Permit with the Board. Two items
    remain outstanding, a more detailed map and an approved Driveway
    Permit from the Planning Board.

  1. Garbage
    Nuisance updates from Health Officer-Laura Lewandowski-
    The
    Board and Mrs. Lewandowski discussed the three homes that have
    complaints against them. The plan of action is different for each
    property. 193 Gilsum Road, the residents have made an effort to
    clean up and Mrs. Lewandowski will ask them for a written plan for
    the Board to remove the rest of the garbage and will set a deadline
    of 30 days for cleanup. 419 South Road, multiple attempts have been
    made to deliver certified mail via the post office. The Cheshire
    County Sheriff’s Department will deliver the certified letter to
    the owner. The deadline for a response by the resident is 14 days
    from receipt. 14 Rugg Road, the Board will write a certified letter
    to the owner asking for a response within 14 days.

  1. PA-28
    Taxpayer Inventory Forms 2018 order
    -Signed
    by Board.

  1. Notice
    of Intent to Cut for 88 and 90 South Road-17-433-02
    -Signed
    by Board.

  1. Kevin
    Wheeler-Excavation of gravel
    -At
    Mr. Wheeler’s request, the Board provided direction about how to
    move some of the gravel from Gilsum Road (Map 3 Lot 21) to his and
    Mark Smith’s properties. Mrs. Merrifield did some research before
    the meeting and spoke to the DRA representative Mary Pinkem-Langdon
    for some clarification around this request. The following conditions
    were relayed to Mr. Wheeler:

        1. The
          gravel will be used only for personal, incidental use on 251
          Gilsum Road, 52 Boynton Road and 100 Boynton Road;

        2. A
          Notice of Intent to Excavate will be filed each April 1 with the
          Board of Selectmen in the event the excavation is incomplete by
          March 31, 2018;

        3. A
          map of the entire parcel detailed the area not in enrolled in
          Current Use will be provided to the Selectmen prior to the
          excavation;

        4. No
          excavation will occur on land enrolled in Current Use;

        5. The
          extraction will not exceed 1,000 cubic yards per tax year (April
          1, to March 31);

        6. A
          log of the removed material will be maintained by the Trustees
          and provided to the Selectmen at the end of each tax year or upon
          a reasonable request;

7/10/2017
BOS Minutes Page 2

        1. By
          signing the Notice of Intent to Excavate, both parties agree to
          these conditions.

Mr.
Wheeler also asked about permit requirements for a garage. Mrs.
Merrifield will write a letter confirming the Boards understanding of
the gravel excavation request.

  1. 96
    Ferry Brook Road-Map 5 Lot 20-Rokes-Continued discussion
    -A
    letter will be sent to the Rokes detailing the abatement procedure
    if they are not in agreement with their assessment and also
    requesting that they get a variance for the third unit on their
    property.

  1. Payroll,
    Vendor Payments and Purchase Orders
    -Approved
    as submitted with question that Kate will research.

  1. Miscellaneous/General
    Discussion
    -NHMA Bulletin
    received. Question from Energy Committee about Selectmen’s office
    taking over the maintenance of the energy use records, the Board
    decided

that
they would update the records when needed for Town business.
Trustee’s reports for June received. Communication from Jeff
Burbank about business sign received. Thank you note from Primex
received. Update on question posed to Kate Thorndike, Overseer of the
Poor. Cheshire County Sheriff log received. Monadnock Farm and
Community Coalition invitation to policy advocate workshop, Thursday,
September 28, 2017 5:30-7:30pm at Stonewall Farm in Keene. Poster
from Keene Community Kitchen with request to display. Confirmation of
map and staff updates from DOT received. Jeff Burbank was approached
by a Town vendor to work as a subcontractor; Laura Merrifield will
double check our code of ethics for any potential conflicts of
interest. The Board authorized the hiring of a handy man for the odd
jobs at Town hall and the Energy Audit recommendations budgeted for
this year.

  1. NON-PUBLIC:
    For the purpose of reviewing litigation. Laura Merrifield made a
    motion to adjourn to non-public session at 10:00pm seconded by Jeff
    Burbank, vote in the affirmative.

  1. ADJOURNMENT:

MOTION:
Laura Merrifield moved to adjourn the meeting at 10:32 pm.

SECOND:
Joe Lewandowski

APPROVED:
Unanimously approved.

Respectfully
Submitted,

Katherine
M. Fuller

Administrative
Assistant for the Board of Selectmen