July 24, 2017

Town of Sullivan, NH Board of Selectmen
Meeting Minutes, July 24, 2017
Sullivan Town Hall

Board members present: Chairman Laura J. Merrifield, Joe Lewandowski and Jeff Burbank

Department Heads/Officers:

Staff: Kate Fuller, Administrative Assistant

Public: Kevin Wheeler

A. CALL TO ORDER: Chairman Laura Merrifield called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm. Joe Lewandowski made a motion to approve the minutes of the July 10, 2017 meeting, seconded by Jeff Burbank. The minutes were unanimously approved. Joe Lewandowski made a motion to approve the non-public minutes of the July 10, 2017 meeting, seconded by Laura Merrifield. The minutes were unanimously approved.

B. PUBLIC COMMENT-None

C. SELECTMEN’S BUSINESS:

1. Kevin Wheeler-Intent to Excavate Gravel-for signature-Mr. Wheeler offered the Board a large framed portrait of Karl Wheeler for display in Town Hall, the Board will take some time to consider this. Mr. Wheeler reviewed the outstanding questions on his Building Permit for a garage on 52 Boynton Road. Permit was approved by the Board. Mr. Wheeler provided a map and more information about his Intent to Excavate, the Board will consult with Randy Smith, Road Agent to check on the second access point on this property which has been used as a log landing for the excavation. If there are no concerns the Intent to Excavate will be signed and a letter has been sent to the owner citing the conditions.

2. Report of Cut 16-433-03-T Ferry Brook Road-one of the values will be double checked before signature.

3. Welfare Reimbursement-Discussion around reimbursements when people are able; such as legal settlements. Kate will follow up with Overseer of the Poor on a letter to a recipient of welfare assistance.

4. Acknowledgement of financial reports and adjusting journal entries with full detail report-June-signed by Board.

5. Payroll, Vendor Payments and Purchase Orders-Approved as submitted.

6. Miscellaneous/General Discussion-Fairpoint is merging with Consolidated Communications. Copy of letter from Planning Board regarding Bolles driveway permit, received. Communication from Jeff Burbank around business signage received. SWRPC Highlights received. Communication from the NHDES asking the Town to post flyer about water. Copy of survey from Primex regarding insurance exposures. Follow up on question from Jeff about working for one of our vendors; there is no conflict of interest according to our policies. Communication from Geo Insights about building pads for salvage yards in NH to prevent ground water contamination, they want to know if Cruiser Creations need a permit for the pad, Kate will follow up. Mrs. Merrifield gave Mr. Burbank her research on a dog ordinance. An area of concern around timber cutting on Apple Hill Road was brought forth and Mrs. Merrifield will research it. Joe Lewandowski will research sending a letter to the DOT regarding signage for tractor trailer trucks that create a noise nuisance coming down the hill on RT 9. Follow up from prior weeks include; trash removal plan for 193 Gilsum Road, Transfer station in Gilsum and Cell Tower progress

7. NON-PUBLIC: None.

Page 2 BOS Minutes 7/24/17

D. ADJOURNMENT:
MOTION: Laura Merrifield moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:50 pm.

SECOND: Jeff Burbank

APPROVED: Unanimously approved.

Respectfully Submitted,

Katherine M. Fuller
Administrative Assistant for the Board of Selectmen