May 8, 2017

Town
of Sullivan, NH Board of Selectmen


Meeting Minutes, May 8, 2017

Sullivan
Town Hall

Board
members present: Chairman Laura J. Merrifield, Joe Lewandowski and
Jeff Burbank

Department
Heads/Officers: Laura Lewandowski-Health Officer

Staff:
Kate Fuller, Administrative Assistant

Public:

  1. CALL
    TO ORDER: Chairman Laura Merrifield called the meeting to order at

    6:30 pm. Joe Lewandowski
    made a motion to approve the minutes of the May 1, 2017 meeting,
    seconded by Jeff Burbank. The minutes were unanimously approved as
    amended.

  1. PUBLIC
    COMMENT-None

  1. SELECTMEN’S
    BUSINESS:

  1. Health
    Officer, Laura Lewandowski-Garbage nuisance
    -Update
    on South Road, the owner has not picked up the certified mail about
    their garbage nuisance. Mrs. Lewandowski will communicate with the
    Sherriff about hand delivery. The Sherriff’s department will act
    on the fire arms complaint for that property. A garbage complaint
    was brought forth for 193 Gilsum Road. Mrs. Lewandowski will send
    this property owner a letter asking her to address the garbage
    issue.

  1. Approval
    of Veteran’s Credits
    -Two
    credits were approved by the Board.

  1. Review
    of 2016 Audit Questionnaire
    -The
    Board reviewed and approved the 2016 Audit Questionnaire. Laura
    Merrifield mentioned that the Board should review revenues quarterly
    along with the full detail transaction of expenses. Jeff Burbank
    mentioned that he would like to see a copy of the IT disaster
    recovery plan.

  1. Building
    Permit Checklist Review
    -The
    checklist was reviewed and suggestions were made. Laura Merrifield
    will update.

  1. Current
    Use recommendation for Antis Property M3Lot 29 Sub 1
    -There
    were some questions about the application. Kate will follow up and
    this will be reviewed next week.

  1. Payroll,
    Vendor Payments and Purchase Orders
    -Approved
    as submitted.

  1. Miscellaneous/General
    Discussion
    -April Financial
    Reports from the Trustees. Copies of letters from Planning Board
    around a driveway permit for Travis Blanchard and a boundary line
    adjustment for Todd Bergeron. Memo from the Planning Board stating
    that the cluster housing ordinance has been superseded by the
    Alternate Development section of the CPO. Communication from DRA
    about Equalization figures. Two Veterans credits applications have
    been sent to the assessor. The tax warrant will be generated in the
    next two weeks. The property at 44 Hubbard Road was discussed and it
    was concluded that a variance was needed. The energy audit
    recommendations were reviewed and Laura Merrifield will work on
    those, a small dry wall repair was also mentioned.

  1. NON-PUBLIC:
    None

  1. ADJOURNMENT:

MOTION:
Laura Merrifield moved to adjourn the meeting at 7:58 pm.

SECOND:
Jeff Burbank

BOS
5/8/17 page 2

APPROVED:
Unanimously approved.

Respectfully
Submitted,

Katherine
M. Fuller

Administrative
Assistant for the Board of Selectmen