Minutes of April 9, 2018

 
Town of Sullivan, NH 
Board of Selectmen
Meeting Minutes, April 9, 2018
Sullivan Town Hall

Board members present: Chairman Laura Merrifield, Jeff Burbank and Marsha Cook

Department Heads/Officers: Mary Hull-Town Clerk/Tax Collector 

Staff: Kate Fuller, Administrative Assistant

Public: Kathleen Fernandes

CALL TO ORDER: Chairman Laura Merrifield called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm. Jeff Burbank made a motion to approve the minutes of the April 2, 2018 meeting, seconded by Marsha Cook. The minutes were unanimously approved as amended. 

PUBLIC COMMENT-None. 
 
SELECTMEN’S BUSINESS:

Timber Warrant-433-17-03-T-Cross Road-Signed by Board. 

Mary Hull-Tax Collector-Tax Deed for 101 Gilsum Road-The owner came in and explained to the Board that they had filed for bankruptcy a second time; Mary Hull will confirm that it has been filed. The owner will let the Town know when the hearing date has been set. 

Timber Warrant-433-17-09-T-Jenkins Lane-signed by Board. 

NNETC-Fairpoint Abatement recommendation for signature-Abatement denied on the recommendation of Avitar the Town’s assessor, signed by Board. Kate will follow up with a letter. This issue will be revisited when the court rules on the right of way valuation. 

Appointments for signature, BJ Wahl for Deputy Treasurer and Kate Thorndike for Overseer of the Poor-Signed by the Board. 

Junk Yard Permit for Land Cruiser Parts-The Board received the permit application and Kate will set up a time to do the inspection on a Monday or Tuesday when mud season is over. 

Payroll, Vendor Payments and Purchase Orders-Purchase orders and manifest approved as submitted.

Miscellaneous/General Discussion-NHMA legislative bulletin, received. February Planning Board minutes, received. March Trustees reports, received. Follow up on letter from the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources, Kate spoke to Bill Gegas and he said that the Town was meeting the requirements of the grant by being open to the public. They might do an inspection this summer. Allen Vandiver of Hubbard Road sent an e-mail to the Board updating them on the progress of his building. Monadnock Family services sent a thank you note for the Town’s donation. The LeClerc building permit was mentioned and Kate will follow up on it. Kate reported that a resident called with a concern about a person impersonating an assessing agent trying to get into their house. Kate verified that it was not the assessor and a warning will be distributed. Follow up on dog control violation, the Sheriff is working on the complaint.

Board of Selectmen-General Discussion-Jeff Burbank reported on the April Planning Board meeting. The PB is working on editing the Community Planning Ordinance and a boundary line merger. Marsha Cook reported on water problems created by the poor water quality at the Library and Fire Department as they share a well. A plumber is being consulted for possible solutions. 

ADJOURNMENT: 
MOTION: Jeff Burbank moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:29 pm.
SECOND: Marsha Cook

APPROVED: Unanimously approved.

Respectfully Submitted,

Katherine M. Fuller
Administrative Assistant for the Board of Selectmen