Minutes of October 1, 2018

Town of Sullivan, NH 
Board of Selectmen
Meeting Minutes, October 1, 2018
Sullivan Town Hall

Board members present: Laura Merrifield, Jeff Burbank and Marsha Cook 

Department Heads/Officers: 

Staff: Kate Fuller, Administrative Assistant

Public: None

CALL TO ORDER: Chairman Laura Merrifield called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm. Jeff Burbank made a motion to approve the minutes of the September 24, 2018 meeting, seconded by Marsha Cook. The minutes were unanimously approved as amended. Jeff Burbank made a motion to approve the minutes of the September 24, 2018 non-public meeting, seconded by Marsha Cook, approved as amended. 

PUBLIC COMMENT: None
 
SELECTMEN’S BUSINESS:

MS-1-Summary Inventory of Valuation-Signed by the Board; a question was raised about Land Use Change Tax Funds and Kate will follow up and submit the form. 

Current Use application for 16 Paquette Drive Map 5 Lot 5-Received by the Board, Kate will forward this application to Avitar for review.  

Intent to Cut for signature Map 3 Lot 48-Centre Street-Signed by Board, a question about cord wood relating to making maple sugar was raised and Kate will get clarification. 

2017 Audit Report and Governance Letter for review-The Board made comments on the governance letter relating to financial policies, library controls and adjusting journal entries. Kate will discuss the Boards feedback with Ashley Miller of Plodzik and Sanderson and report back. 

Audit, Cleaning and Financial Requests for Proposal for selection-The Board reviewed the Requests for Proposal and compared them using the RFP summary sheet. Vendors were selected and Kate will notify all of the respondents of the results.  The winning vendors were, Plodzik and Sanderson, Coll’s Cleaning and Carpet Care and Municipal Resources Inc. 

Contract from George Sansoucy for providing general consulting revaluation service-expert witness-Laura Merrifield wants to do more research on the specifics of this contract and the lawsuit that it pertains to. 

Payroll, Vendor Payments and Purchase Orders-Purchase orders and manifest approved as submitted.

Miscellaneous/General Discussion
Kate spoke to the Cheshire County Sheriff Department about the increase in hours for September. They reported that they are trying to meet their contractual obligations to the Town now that they are fully staffed. 
E-mail from Todd Smith about vacation days, received. 
E-mail from Patrick Coll of Coll’s Cleaning and Carpet Care regarding cleaning the School Board room, received. 
E-mail from Stephanie Derosier of the DRA regarding the small changes made to the MS-535 and permission to use the same signature sheet, received. 

Kate spoke to the State Police about the report that the Board requested. The State can provide a one time report under the Right to Know act. The Board needs to provide specific criteria for the request. 
Kate reported that the LUCA Census paperwork is done; there was approximately a 10% discrepancy in properties. 
Documents relating to the Planning Board were distributed. 
E-mail from Leslie Casey relating to land use lecture series that are available for anyone who is interested, received. 
Two e-mails were received from the Town of Richmond, Laura Merrifield will follow up on behalf of the Board.
Board of Selectmen-General Discussion

The intersection at Valley Road and Centre Street was discussed. The RT 9 construction will be put on hold for the winter months so the possibility of a light at that intersection is unlikely in the immediate future. Jeff Burbank will contact the State to see if they could install a mirror at that intersection to provide greater visibility. 

Laura Merrifield brought up a concern from a resident who was almost finished with a non-residential building project but whose permit had expired. The Community Planning Ordinance is only clear on residential buildings. Laura Merrifield will bring this up at the next Planning Board meeting. 
Marsha Cook asked about the SD card on the game camera and also had a question about insurance. 

ADJOURNMENT:
MOTION: Jeff Burbank moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:56 pm.
SECOND: Marsha Cook
APPROVED: Unanimously approved. 

Respectfully Submitted,

Katherine M. Fuller
Administrative Assistant for the Board of Selectmen