Sept. 24, 2012

Town of Sullivan, N.H. Board of Selectmen
Approved Meeting Minutes Draft
September 24, 2012 – 7:30 PM

Sullivan Town Hall


Board members present: Mark Paquette, Gary Patnode

Department heads present: Randy Smith

Also present: Carlene Wheeler, Jeff Tenley, Karen Luebkeman, AA

A. CALL TO ORDER: Mark Paquette called the meeting to order at 7:30PM


Carlene Wheeler returned to the Selectmen’s Meeting with photographs and deed documentation to support her concern that the abutting property owners are widening their driveway too close to the property line.

The Selectmen have agreed to make a site visit to view the situation. The AA will contact the abutting property owners and notify them that they are also invited to this site visit.

Jeff Tenley, a Civil Engineer with NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Service)

attended the Selectmen’s meeting to discuss their ability to assist monetarily with cleaning up debris in Ferry Brook that has occurred as a result of the May 29th storm.

Currently there is an accumulation of woody debris (150 feet) in the brook that could endanger the new bridge if a storm with enough rainfall occurs. NRCS estimates that the cost of this cleanup is approximately $14,200.00 of which 75% would be paid by NRCS and the remaining 25% by the Town of Sullivan. The Town will need to contact the property owners (Cheshire County Fish and Game) for permission to move equipment over their property to reach the debris.

A motion was made by Mark Paquette to move ahead with this project and seconded by Gary Patnode.

C. Department Heads: Randy Smith

Randy reported that he is still waiting on a paving date for South Road. He is currently doing asphalt patching on South Road and Valley Road.

D. Selectmen’s Business:

General business including the approving of payroll and vendor payments, review of invoices and PO’s were addressed.


Meeting was adjourned at 9:50PM.


Respectfully Submitted,

Karen Luebkeman, AA